Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Juice Tomato

Growing up I've always loathed the taste of V8... But the second I had my first spicy Bloody Mary my opinion changed. Tomatoes just have something about them that I can't put my finger on. I seem to enjoy them more every time I have Tomato & Mozzarella Salad or Naked Pizza!! But we're here to talk about Juice right...

In my 5th installment of the Juicing Series I am not going to list out all the Health Benefits but rather really focus on its amazing role as an antioxidant...

Before I get into the details I just want to note that Tomatoes do not contain the highest percentage of antioxidants compared to say Kale or Spinach but they do have Lycopene; which is technically a carotene, a super carotene which deserves an entire blog post in itself. 


  • Cancer Fighter: Powerful Defense against men's most common Prostate Cancer
  • Heart Disease: Prevents LDL Cholesterol from depositing in you blood stream
  • Potent Antioxidant: More powerful than beta-carotene, great immune boosters
  • Cell Strength: Builds strong cell membrane  and repairs damaged cells; anti-aging
  • Type 2 Diabetes: Won't prevent diabetes but proven to decrease susceptibility to cardiovascular disease and heart attacks
  • Natural Sunscreen: Magically blocks UV rays but only equal to an SPF 3

Lycopene has also been described a Free Radical Scavenger constantly protecting your body's Lipids and cells against germs and infections... 

Sounds like sort of a Nutritional Superhero if you ask me :)


No comments:

Post a Comment