Sunday, July 8, 2012

Healthy Chipotle Chicken Salad

After I graduated from College I moved to Phoenix and our office was right across from the Biltmore, we used to go to Cheesecake Factory about once a week. I was 23 at the time, enjoyed working out however knew nothing about nutrition and thought "Ummm Salad, Thats Healthy!!" 

The Barbeque Ranch Chicken Salad was my absolute favorite and looking back my body probably didn't feel the same as my taste buds. With 959 Calories, 4g of Saturated Fat, a whopping 741mg of Sodium and 0g Protein; how a Chicken Salad can have ZERO grams of Protein baffles me. 

After a Massive 4th of July BBQ on Friday we decided to take it easy on Saturday, watch some Friday Night Lights and reinvent the Classic Chicken Salad... Healthy Press Style:

Start with the Salad
End with the Dressing
  • 2/3 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
  • 2 Fresh Squeezed Limes
  • 1/3 Cup Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
  • 1 Tablespoon Nando's Peri Peri Sauce
  • 2 Finely Chopped Jalapeños with Seeds

The original recipe from Nutmeg Notebook claims 4 servings... But Laura & I finished it all quite easily. Chicken can be either be shredded or cubed depending on personal preference. And last word of advice, mix the dressing in slowly and leave a bit on the side in case you want leftovers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment